On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 04:36:58PM +0200, Bertrand LUPART - Linkeo.com wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I just made a asterisk / dahdi fresh install on Debian 8.4, and ended up with
> the following packages :
>
> $ sudo dpkg -l|grep -Ei 'dahdi|asterisk|libpri'
> ii  asterisk                           1:11.13.1~dfsg-2+b1
> amd64        Open Source Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
> ii  asterisk-config                    1:11.13.1~dfsg-2                  all
>         Configuration files for Asterisk
> ii  asterisk-core-sounds-en            1.4.22-1                          all
>         asterisk PBX sound files - US English
> ii  asterisk-core-sounds-en-gsm        1.4.22-1                          all
>         asterisk PBX sound files - en-us/gsm
> ii  asterisk-dahdi                     1:11.13.1~dfsg-2+b1
> amd64        DAHDI devices support for the Asterisk PBX
> ii  asterisk-modules                   1:11.13.1~dfsg-2+b1
> amd64        loadable modules for the Asterisk PBX
> ii  asterisk-moh-opsound-gsm           2.03-1                            all
>         asterisk extra sound files - English/gsm
> ii  asterisk-voicemail                 1:11.13.1~dfsg-2+b1
> amd64        simple voicemail support for the Asterisk PBX
> ii  dahdi                              1:2.10.0.1-1
> amd64        utilities for using the DAHDI kernel modules
> ii  dahdi-firmware-nonfree             2.10.0-1                          all
>         DAHDI non-free firmware
> ii  dahdi-linux                        1:2.10.0.1~dfsg-1                 all
>         DAHDI telephony interface - Linux userspace parts
> ii  dahdi-modules-3.16.0-4-amd64:amd64 1:2.10.0.1~dfsg-1+3.16.7-ckt25-2
> amd64        DAHDI modules for Linux (kernel 3.16.0-4-amd64)
> ii  dahdi-source                       1:2.10.0.1~dfsg-1                 all
>         DAHDI telephony interface - source code for kernel driver
> ii  libpri1.4                          1.4.15-1
> amd64        Primary Rate ISDN specification library
>

> However, i can't find any dahdi startup script, neither init.d neither
> systemd fashion.
>
> $ sudo dpkg -l|grep -Ei 'dahdi'|cut -d " " -f3 |xargs dpkg -L|grep -E
> 'init.d|system'
> /usr/share/doc/dahdi/examples/system.conf.sample.gz
> /etc/init.d
>

> Am I missing something?

Yes. README.Debian[1], included as /usr/share/doc/dahdi/README.debian .

README.Debian (.gz, if it's long enough) is a file for some extra
documentation by the packager. See the section about "Automatic startup"
there.

The only real use the DAHDI init script has is for interactive module
includes a set of modules (especially if you use Astribanks. There a bit
of extra magic besides the recursive rmmod was added).

Furthermore, there is really no point is removing of modules at system
shutdown. It only wastes time (and some CPU cycles, if you care about
power) and increases the chances of exposing bugs at that time.

IIRC the Asterisk package in Jessie lacks the extra script to get the
configured DAHDI channels into Asterisk[2]. You may need to drop it
yourself to /usr/share/dahdi/span-config.d

If things still don't work, please do report it here on on the BTS.

[1] http://sources.debian.net/src/dahdi-tools/1:2.10.0.1-1/debian/README.Debian/

[2]
http://git.asterisk.org/gitweb/?p=dahdi/tools.git;a=blob;f=hotplug/span_config.d/50-asterisk;hb=HEAD

--