Dne 6.6.2016 v 17:42 Joshua Colp napsal(a):
Happy Monday all,

Since I sent my previous email a lot has been learnt about our UnixODBC problem and a path has emerged ensuring both better performance while making sure people are not required to upgrade their UnixODBC unless they want to.

So what's this mean?

As of Asterisk 13.10.0 our own connection pool will be used in the res_odbc module. Under testing this has shown to be more performant than the UnixODBC implementation and also does not suffer the slowdown present in UnixODBC 2.3.3 and above. As well since our own connection pool has a fixed size we can restore behavior to that of previous versions so those using UnixODBC 2.3.1 will not experience the crashes that have been seen.

This is done by having the default be 1 connection, thus disabling connection pooling. To turn connection pooling on you will need to ensure you are using UnixODBC 2.3.2 or above with latest database connectors and configure a maximum limit on concurrent connections in res_odbc.conf. To facilitate figuring out the right limit for your environment I've made the current count and limit available using the "odbc show" CLI command.

This change is up for review[1] and any feedback would be welcome, both from code review itself and testing.

Cheers,

[1] https://gerrit.asterisk.org/#/c/2943/

whats the recommended settings in odbcinst.ini
Pooling = no
threading = 0

?

do you think it is possible backport this to 13.9 or are there some problematic dependencies?

--
Marek Cervenka