CentOS 7 uses firewalld to control TCP amd UDP access.

The iptables configuration will be overwritten and dynamically changed by Firewalld so don't count on the old practice of manipulating iptables directly.

I recently moved our Asterisk from an old CentOS to CentOS 7 running FreePBX 14.0.1.beta2.

You can add a firewalld service yp /etc/firewalld/services like mine.
[root@firewall0 services]# cat Asterisk.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<service>
  <short>asterisk</short>
  <description>Asterisk PBX</description>
  <port protocol="udp" port="10000-10100"/>
  <port protocol="tcp" port="8003"/>
  <port protocol="udp" port="4569"/>
  <port protocol="tcp" port="8088"/>
  <port protocol="udp" port="5060-5061"/>
</service>

You then permit this service in your interface (zones) as a service
 <service name="Asterisk"/>

I also added a rule to get some logging on the Asterisk ports while getting things up and running.
  <rule>
    <service name="Asterisk"/>
    <log level="warning"/>
    <accept/>
  </rule>
  <rule>

I did this all on my exterior firewall which is also a CentOS 7 system.
On the Asterisk server, I do not block anything which is not a best practice but the entire internal network is very small and I consider it to be secure.

You (and I) should control the interface using Firewalld with the same service and zone specifications.