On Tue, Apr 2, 2019, at 9:06 PM, Sungtae Kim wrote:

> On 4/3/19 1:29 AM, Joshua C. Colp wrote:

> >> Assuming the TALK_DETECTION function isn't sufficient, it's worth
> >> noting that the information that AMD uses to make its decisions are
> >> available to the parts of Asterisk that make up ARI. I wonder if it
> >> would be better to simply wrap up the existing talk detection events
> >> under some other HTTP resource rather than open up this entire concept.
> > Ideally for AMD I think this would be preferred.
> >
> >> While I'm pretty far removed from the guts of Asterisk these days, the
> >> notion of having dialplan applications be executed from within ARI just
> >> fills me with some fear. You can certainly open up some nightmare
> >> scenarios where people invoke Stasis from within Stasis recursively, or
> >> invoke GoTo or other dialplan context affecting applications.
> >>
> >> For that matter, many of the monolithic dialplan applications have
> >> specific options that place channels into dialplan contexts that
> >> execute after their execution. I'm not even sure I can begin to wrap my
> >> head around what that will do to a channel in ARI.
> > Indeed, that's why I suggested bringing it up on here precisely what
> > applications people are needing to jump into the dialplan for. Best case
> > those could be made first class citizens under ARI, but worst case I think
> > a small subset could be allowed to be executed from ARI. I'm personally
> > against allowing arbitrary execution of any application. There's just too
> > many unknowns as you say.
>
> Now I can see the problem too. But also I can see I'm not the only one
> having a same dilemma.
>
> Hm... What it suppose to be? I want implement this feature, but little
> bit lost now.
>
> I will wait for feedback.

I think waiting for now in case there's any additional input on what people
jump to the dialplan is good. We can revisit in a week or so once everyone has
had a chance to think about it and provide feedback, and then go from there.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer