On Wed, 3 Jun 2020, Fourhundred Thecat wrote:

On 2020-06-03 17:21, Steve Edwards wrote:

How about:

         syslog.local0                   = error,verbose,warning

no debugging detail.

         syslog.local0                   = debug,error,verbose,warning

include debugging detail.

currently, the above has no effect on logging.

Sorry. I guess I wasn't clear. I wasn't implying that the feature had already been implemented. I was replying to Tony's question 'should it be a configuration option in logger.conf whether they include or omit? if so, what should the default be, if not specified in logger.conf?'

I'm suggesting that if the 'debug' log level is specified, the debug detail (function name and line) should be included. Otherwise, not.

The 'debug' log level is 'already there' and it seems reasonable to me that if I'm deep enough into logging that I want debug level log messages that I'm probably also interested in logging debug details.

--
Thanks in advance,
Steve Edwards       sedwa...@sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST