Title: Re: [asterisk-users] POlycom phone not ringing behind firewall (401 permission denied)
Hello Jerry,

I have polycom phones setup in an office connected to a cloud asterisk server. The polycom phones can call out just fine - audio just fine.

One of my friends just had a cloud phone system set up and the vendor supplied Yealink phones which didn't work correctly with the bosses cordless headset so they replaced his phone with a Polycom one. When doing this, they insisted I set the DNS in the router to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 as they claimed it would not work with their internet providers DNS!  Seems odd, and I never tried it with the old DNS settings, but maybe it will help.

-- Ira