I have noticed that the voicemail app always keeps filenames in in a strict numerical sequence, obviously renaming files whenever a message is deleted. I assume that message processing depends upon this sequencing. Does the file age make any difference in determining the numerical ordering (i.e., do the oldest files have the lowest numbers). While this should be true by default in the INBOX folder, it would not necessarily be true in any of the other folders, unless they are explicitly sorted and renamed every time another new message is copied into the folder. In short, are the files sorted into chronological order when they are renamed?

Stephen R. Besch