I tested Multitech with the same scenario and it works.

Stephen Foster wrote:

The MultiTech seems pretty simple to configure, just the IP of asterisk, username and pass. The only field I haven’t tried its SIP URL. I was recently at a MultiTech show and I saw them use x-lite to call to the MultiTech. Since neither is a sip proxy, I can’t figure out why that worked for them but I can’t get this working with asterisk.

No so simple. At least you must to elaborate the following windows:
IP, Voice/Fax, Interface, Phone Book configuration,Outbound Phone Book, Inbound Phone Book.

Here is the current version of my sip.conf

[multitech]

context=local

My sip.conf:

[multitech]