You need to make sure the polarity is right. If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw someone post that the Cisco cubes had the polarity reversed.

John

stan wrote:
Is anyone using a 3com 3CNJPSE to power a 7960G? I have a couple of 7960Gs and 3CNJPSEs but no combination appears to
work. Both phones work fine with a cisco power cube. I get a 47.6V
reading across pins 5 and 8 on the patch cable coming from the 3CNJPSE.
The network still works through the 3CNJPSE, just no power to the phone
until I connect the power cube. Using two straight through wired patch
cables, 7960G running sip firmware version 6.3. I've tried different
patch cables with the same result. Note this is a G version of the
phone which I understand is enable to work with 802.3af devices natively
and hence I believe doesn't require a specially wired patch cable. I've
looked for a setting to tell the phone to get power via the network
without success, is there one? Any ideas?

TIA