Kevin Walsh wrote:
Darren Nickerson [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I strongly support removing the current reply-to-list setting, and you
should too.

Like many new list admins, I once thought the reply-to was kewel. Requests
to remove it kept coming up, ... usually around the same time someone
embarrassed themselves by posting a personal reply/flame to the list.
Someone, in frustration, finally pointed me to the following URL:

Every mail list I subscribe to works in the same way, and every single one has had the requisite 1.5 users moaning about the reply-To header.

It's not difficult - either reply to the list (the default, and rightly
so) or, if you feel the need to reply privately, modify the To address.

Or just use the ``Reply All'' feature. I hate to keep a dead topic alive, but mailman has a neat setting that prevents you from getting duplicate emails across multiple lists _and_ if your address is also in the to/cc.

Really, this is a user issue, not a software/software settings issue. Learn to use your mail client and your settings or don't use lists.

I don't mean to come across harshly and this is directed towards nobody in particular.

--Devon