Title: Chan_phone problems

Hi All,

I'm really new to Asterisk, and I'm having a little trouble with my test setup. Things are pretty simple so far:

        Linux 2.4 kernel (Redhat 9)
        Linux PhoneJack-Lite interface

What happens is that I get dialtone, but dialing doesn't seem to do anything. I neither get connected to whatever I dialied, nor do I lose dialtone.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something dumb, and any help is greatly appreciated.

One general question I have regards interfaces and incoming calls. I think I basically understand the dialplan concept, but it seems to deal soley with where a call "goes".  What I can't seem to figure out is how Asterisk configures input channels.

Cheers,

Brian