From: JR Richardson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 7:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Carrier Access CMG/FXS MGCP to Asterisk, Works Fine

FYI,

Follow the Quick Start Guide from Carrier Access to setup the CMG (Customer Media Gateway) Router card.  Follow the Asterisk mgcp.conf wiki page setup.  The only issue I had was with the CAC CMG card, it defaults to strict policy message exchange and dial-tone will not come across when you go off-hook on a FXS port.  To resolve this, get back into the CAC CMG configuration, goto:

-profile directory – router card setup – MGCP Configure – MGCP Interoperability Settings – (set) Parse Mode: Lenient

Either Carrier Access or Asterisk is not completely compatible with the RFC, but this seems to get the two talking together.

Hope this helps.

JR