Larry Keyes wrote:

Hi...I've got two Grandstream phones attached to my Asterisk on the same
subnet. The phones have fixed IP addresses. Asterisk is generated an error
for one of them only, even though both appear to be registered correctly.
The current state of the sip.conf is included below. Anyone know what is
going on here? Both appear to be working fine between each other and between
themselves in and outbound to an X100p card.

I saw the same problem with both CVS version with SJPhone and X-lite. I do not own a Grandstream those your settings may be slightly different.

To fix the problem I :
- changed my SIP definition
- stop and started asterisk (IMPORTANT: reload did not work)

The [] part is really used as the username on the phone . I am not even sure the username= is used for anything !!
Make sure as well you do not mix phone name and extension number.
My phone is SIP/thomas, my extension is 1505

[thomas]
type=friend
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=inband
; your dtmf mode may be right for your phone ... No idea.
username=thomas
secret=supersecret
callerid="Thomas Mangin" <1505>
context=default
mailbox=1505

;auth=md5
;reinvite=no
;canreinvite=no
;qualify=1000
;defaultip=10.0.0.10
;restrictcid=no

*CLI> sip show users
Username         Secret          Authen           Def.Context      A/C
thomas           supersecret     md5,plaintext    default          No

Try this and if it work change one thing at the time and RESTART * as reload can cause some surprise.
I can not recall if host=dynamic and defaultip are compatible but I think there are.

Hope it helps, I only have few hours experience with * myself.

Thomas