On Apr 5, 2004, at 12:10 PM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
Members of the IETF added information on the to-be-standardized standard,
meaning that SIP with TLS over TCP will be mandatory. We need to start working
on TCP and TLS support.

Could someone explain to me why anyone in their right mind would ever want to run VoIP (or any lossy real-time data) over TCP? Unless I'm missing something, the effects of packet loss would be almost perfectly pessimal. Every time you lose a packet, the receiver stalls and then can't catch up, so you get horrifically huge delays. Does it actually gain something for anyone doing voice or video?

Scott