--On Saturday, April 10, 2004 10:42:26 +0100 Paul Tyreman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for all the replies.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to put two of these X100P cards
into the same machine to order to gain access to two BT landlines ?

I believe so although problems have been reported with certain motherboards - best to search this list before buying.

Would it also be possible for someone to outline in a bit more detail the
procdue for limiting which phones have access via the card as I am new to
Asterisk.

You need to define a context for outgoing calls which will include dial commands for the X100P. You then define additional contexts for local phones. Only those local contexts that "include" the outgoing context will be able to make outgoing calls. Start with a "bare bones" extensions.conf or you'll find * very hard going.

What happens when someone calls the number of the line the card is on -
Do all phones ring or what happens ?

You define that in extensions.conf. Incoming calls will land in the context you specify in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

Is that auto attendant thing a real
possiblity.  What I would idealy like is this...
Welcome.  If you know the extention you wish to call, press * now and
then dial it.  Otherwise, press 1 for Family A, 2 for Family B and 3 for
Family C.  If the user Presses 1,   Press 1 for Person A, Press 2 for
Person B.  etc ?

Is that possible ?

... I dunno - sorry

 Iain