On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Jeremy Hall wrote:
> This may not be the case in all areas, but in my area with Qwest as
> well, all exchanges have the test at xxx-9996.  For example, my number
> is in the 208 area code, 459 exchange, so the full number would be
> 208-459-9996.  It is not tied to any specific number, so I can use any
> exchange local to me such as 323-9996.  It may or may not work in your
> area, so try not to do it at 3:00 AM until you have verified the number.

I'm also in a Qwest area, but that number doesn't work here. All of the
techs that I have asked gave it to me with no problems. They are shy about
the automatic ANI number, however...

dave

Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent
                      encroachments of those in power than by violent
                      and sudden usurpations."- James Madison