Question number one is overwhelming... How do you want to use this product. That will dictate how you set it up.
In any case, there is extensive documentation on this, please go there first and formulate more specific questions that we can help you with.

Try here for starts: http://www.automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello

I am very new in this area, just start reading about Asterisk and VoIP 2 days
ago. I am very interested in this product but not really getting good
information on. Will appreciate of someone an answer these question in detail
or direct me to right documents:

1. How to setup and use this Product?
2. If i have Asterisk installed on one Linux server remortly, Can i use that
Asterisk server for my call routhing using soft phone installed on my desktop.

Thanks

Deepak