Let's suppose you have a PSTN line with multiple extensions. One of these extensions is connected to an Asterisk FXO port. For reasons that I won't go into, the "normal" configuration of the system is that when a call comes in on the PSTN line, Asterisk *does not answer* -- the other extensions do whatever they would do if there were no Asterisk system there.

When I hear one of these extensions ringing, I want to be able to dial an extension on the Asterisk phone system that will allow the Asterisk FXO port to answer, and from there on Asterisk takes the call.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

-Thanks, Jim