At 12:10 AM -0600 on 5/19/04, brian k. west wrote:
Just as a better example of how to use accountcode for this ... maybe we
could add areacode= to sip.conf and pull that into a var instead of wasting
the accountcode for this.... hrm...

[1234567]
username=whatever
secret=whatever
context=phones
accountcode=920

 then in extensions.conf

[outbound]
exten => NXXXXXX,1,goto(1${ACCOUNTCODE}${EXTEN},1)

[phones]
include => outbound

Actually, this gives me an interesting idea. Why can't we just set variables on SIP (and other?) channels on the inbound side, just like we do with spooled calls?

Here's what would seem to be an obvious usage case from sip.conf:

[2221]
type=friend
secret=b3edowo32AA
host=dynamic
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
context=intern
canreinvite=no
nat=1
setvar=salesmanager="Bill Smith"
setvar=secretary=1233
setvar=secretaryname="Smithers"
setvar=clublikeaseal="yes"

All of those variables would be "pre-set" upon delivery of the call into the extension logic. Anyone up to take this one? It sounds pretty easy, and would possibly be a lot more sane than creating different contexts for every entry that had different values. It's also easily extended across all channel types.

JT