I have ethereal installed and I'll do a full call trace. The Catch 22 is I don't have access to access to a source of repeatable (ie recorded) content accessed through IAX. That would help in producing traces for the ATA and 7960 for comparison. I mainly use IAX for non-critical international business calls to people who wouldn't want to be * testers.

 Iain

--On Tuesday, May 18, 2004 7:22 pm -0600 "brian k. west" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Lets look at this and FIX the problem instead of hacking it.  What you
need to do is install etherreal and capture a call and parse the
timestamp info to see if they are slipping.  Because they are perfect
here.

bkw

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Cuthie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] AArgh, * and the 7960

Iain,

This is a known issue with the Cisco phone and Asterisk having to do
with a change made later in the cvs tree. Try 1.0 stable, or modify
rtp.c to comment out the two lines as follows:

                /* Re-calculate last TS */
                rtp->lastts = rtp->lastts + ms * 8;
//              if (!f->delivery.tv_sec && !f->delivery.tv_usec) {
                        /* If this isn't an absolute delivery time,
Check if it is close to our prediction,
                           and if so, go with our prediction */
                        if (abs(rtp->lastts - pred) < 640)
                                rtp->lastts = pred;
                        else {
                                ast_log(LOG_DEBUG, "Difference is %d, ms
is %d\n", abs(rtp->lastts - pred), ms);
                                mark = 1;
                        }
        } else {

This seems to work for me. Others may have more insight.

-brian

Nik Martin wrote:

> Out of context, this isn't much information.  Is your network
> connection
OK?