You might consider using the Cisco SIP phones. They're smart enough to accept incoming calls for as many call appearances you have with the same SIP registration.

-brian

Tor Roberts wrote:

Hi,
I am setting up a dispatch center where will have 4 call takers, all with Polycom IP 600 Sip phones. Each phone will be setup with 6 extensions each. When a new call comes in, the first extension on all the phones will ring. This works fine, the problem is when one of the dispatchers is already using her first extension and another call comes in. What happens now is that the remaining 3 phones ring on the first extension, but the dispatcher who is on a call, her phone does not ring. I want her second extension ring along with the other 3 phones first extensions.

In sip.conf I have all the extensions set to incominglimit=1 and the pertinent part of extensions.conf is:

exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/5000&SIP5001&SIP5002&SIP5003,20,tr)
exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/5004&SIP5005&SIP5006&SIP5007,20,tr)

and so on.

If anybody has any insight, or a better solution, that would be great.

Thanks,

-Tor Roberts