Simon Dorfman wrote:

I wonder if someone can help me understand this.  Let's say I configure my
asterisk box to use e164 and then I try to call a phone number in Germany.
I'm in the U.S.A.  So if the number I'm calling in Germany is registered in
e164's dns, would my call be routed directly via their voip provider?  Or
directly to their asterisk box?  And would it be free?

From the looks of it, they're just a directory... it looks like their not running asterisk themselves.

They use something called EnumLookup which I guess is some kind of plugin/script. If the number you're calling is in their database, it calls the VOIP number directly, otherwise it calls the POTS number

It's an interesting idea. Of course having a huge database of names/addresses/phone numbers can be quite lucrative too.....

Tony

-- Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917