Duane wrote:
If there is an IAX2 or SIP or H323 NAPTR record in DNS, this increments the dial plan by +1, if it's a TEL (i.e. the talking clock in china) it increments by +51, and increments by +101 if it fails, so unless you tell it to dial the number at +51 it won't use any TEL fields from DNS so this can't happen unless you specificly allow it to.

That helps (at least until VOIP calls start being charged by the minute). Maybe someone needs to implement a switch/case statement in extensions.conf for this kind of stuff at some point.

Flip side is we're trying to do an app_dialenum to actually better implement enum lookups and dialling, if it hits a tel field the plan is to get it to read out the number and prompt the user to press 1 to skip and try another record or fail to pstn, or press 2 to use the tel number.

If you could pass it a list of preferred/available protocols it'd be nice - eg. I don't support h323 (haven't got it to compile yet) and prefer SIP over IAX2 because of other problems (choppy sound).

Tony