Eric Wieling wrote:

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 10:16, Duane wrote:

Andy Powell wrote:

Anything that's added to * that breaks how protocols work should be by default OFF not ON, but that's just IMO...

I agree 100%, this has been very frustrating trying to work out why Asterisk suddenly stopped accepting calls from FWD and other PSTN based services.

I very much preferred the old method, if I didn't want to accept a SIP call you just don't have a matching context.

The problem is that too many people had a context= in [general] and didn't realize that incoming SIP calls that didn't match anything would be accepted and sent to the context= that was specified in [genera].

Which is because configs/sip.conf.sample has context=default. So let's not blame it on the "too many people" problem.

I agree that new features shouldn't break old configs.

-brian