i think oej is working on something like that...

Zoa.

At 00:27 1/06/2004, you wrote:
At 4:05 PM -0600 on 5/31/04, Rich Adamson wrote:
> So, first,
why do the lights stay on, and secondly, can they light when anyone is using
that extension?
<snip>
 Not only do we need the secretay/boss "key system" arrangement, but a
 traveling technician would like to be able to add his SIP extension to
 someone else's phone when he is working at their station.
<snip>
 > How do I get the lights to work correctly on a SNOM 200 when I configure
 it
 > for more than one line?  The lights stay on solid, although the buttons
 work
 > correctly for making calls.  Thanks in advance.

I'm using a snom 200 v2.03o with two extns defined, and the lights work as expected. (They didn't on some earlier version though.) Make sure to define the two (or more) buttons in web interface under Key Mappings (P1 = Line = Number <sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, P2 = ...), matching Settings, SIP, Lines registered Account numbers.

If I press extn button #2 and place a call, the callerid properly indicates
the correct extension. If I call the extn number assigned to button #2,
the LED correctly flashes indicating an incoming call. When the call is
complete, all LEDs are off.

Regarding your key system question, I've never heard of anyone with a
configuration that would actual light button #2's LED if some remote
sip phone happened to be on the extension number assigned to that key.
If you could dream up a way to do that, it would be dependent on the
exact sip phone that you're using. There are no sip standards for
turning on/off LED's like that other then the MWI.

[snip]

Rich

Actually, there do exist standards that would be able to provide the functions you're talking about with LED lighting based on who was on what extension.

The SIP SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY tools were written to some degree with that type of feature in mind. In fact, the rumor is that the limited SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY support in Asterisk is specifically for the Snom phones, but I don't know (and doubt) if it does exactly this.

I _do_ know that Snom has touted that they are SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY compliant, but I don't know the exact methodology of how they light up lights, put things on the LCD, or whatever. If someone wants to send me a Snom 220, I'll be happy to figure out what's required. :-)

The Polycoms are also rumored to support this type of feature, but again I don't know the exact mechanics to make it work.

JT