Shaun Ewing wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin Sent: Tuesday, 1 June 2004 10:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Sipura-SPA2000 background noise

I have been using Cisco ATA's for analog connections and decided to give
a Sipura SPA-2000 a try. I noticed there is a fair amount of background
white noise that is noticeable, especially after breaking the dial tone.
After pressing a '1' to break the dial tone, there is a fair amount of
noise that is evident. I do not notice this condition on the Cisco
ATA's. I plugged the Sipura in the same location as the Cisco ATA.
Anyone else have this condition with the Sipura?

Mine started doing this, and over the next few days it got so bad that the device was unusable. Sipura didn't respond to the emails from me or the reseller whom I purchased the device from, but the reseller offered a refund. I'm not sure what ended up happening from the reseller's end once I returned it.

-Shaun

I have a fairly new Sipura 2000 that also is very noisy. Quite disappointing, actually.

BTW, anyone know how to get the SPA-2000 do drop loop current momentarily when the other end hangs up?

-brian