Ed Devine wrote:

Following the latest * CVS update, my MySQL was broken.

Following the update, Asterisk-addons would compile fine, but when I ran
asterisk I got the following error:

ERROR[1202489024]: cdr_addon_mysql.c:203 mysql_log: Failed to insert
into databas

I then tried using the patch (bug id 0001823) from bugs.digium.com, and
found that Asterisk-addons would no longer compile, giving me the
following errors:

[...]

I don't know, if it helps, but I also had some problems compiling cdr_addon_mysql.c, recently. To finally solve it that's what I did:

1) mkdir /tmp/A; cd /tmp/A
2) logged in to cvs
3) cvs checkout asterisk asterisk-addons
4) cd asterisk-addons
5) adjust the CFLAG section in the Makefile to look as follows:
   CFLAGS+=-fPIC
   CFLAGS+=-I../asterisk
   CFLAGS+=-I../asterisk/include
   CFLAGS+=-D_GNU_SOURCE