On 2004.06.18 08:34 Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
On Friday 18 June 2004 11:08, Lee Howard wrote:
> If you would rather use HylaFAX instead of spandsp and have $10K to
> throw around, then may I suggest hiring an Asterisk channel author
> write a T.38-supporting channel driver?  That way you could just use
> t38modem with HylaFAX, and you wouldn't need all the duplicate
hardware.

I am gearing up to write a character port emulator which will telnet
to an
Ascend Max modem bank for HylaFax.  It's based on code from ttywatch
which
does the opposite.  (it is a telnet daemon that connects to a
character port)
-- rtty, ser2net and conserver are all apps which do the opposite.

Hopefully it will work alright, as the Ascend Max will give you a
direct
connection to its modem bank when enabled.

I was going to use T38modem but, like practically everything else
h.323, the
code is disgustingly hard to wade through.  :-(

Well, if you don't like t38modem, then a really cool thing would be if you wrote a T.38 driver for HylaFAX also. So then Asterisk and HylaFAX could play together without t38modem, without the AT command-response language limitations.

Lee.