On Jun 24, 2004, at 9:56 AM, Asterisk wrote:
I did try that. Any help would be gratefully received.

Make sure you have the kernel source and try building the kernel. Or at least start building it. Before I did that, I couldn't compile the driver. After getting into the build proper of the kernel, I was able to build the zaptel drivers.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael George" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Which Linux ?

On Jun 24, 2004, at 7:55 AM, Asterisk wrote:
I've been trying to install under SuSE 9.1, but cannot compile zaptel

What's the secret incantation ??

Well, I will tell you, but I'll then have to kill you... Lucky for you
I have no clue who you are or where you reside :)

The incantation I used is:
make linux26

That machine isn't running right now so I can't double-check it, but I
don't recall having to do anything out of the ordinary.  I do remember
banging my head for a while before I remembered that there is a
different build sequence for the 2.6 kernel...

If this doesn't work for you, let me know and when I have a chance I'll
fire that system up and give it another go-'round...