Kevin Walsh wrote:

Freddy Setiawan [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi there, linux got so many distro, but which one that have more
compability with the Asterisk?

My Asterisk server is running on Gentoo, with the 2.6.7-gentoo-r5
kernel.  The Zaptel drivers work nicely too.  I should think that any
of the GNU/Linux distros would work.

Selecting a distro is usually just a matter of personal preference;
They all run the same kernel and usually have the same tools, libraries
and compiler etc.

Kevin,

I am about to build my first asterisk box, I want to make it Gentoo based with a 2.4 kernel.

When performing the initial system emerge on the Gentoo bos, are there any special USE flags you would recommend setting to make the asterisk build go smoothly?

Ed