On Jun 25, 2004, at 8:51 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I highly recommend the UIP200. Although I haven't used all the phones out there, I know it performs and sounds a lot better than the Snom 200 and Grandstream...comparable to Cisco 7960 in sound quality. We use it for our Asterisk set up in the office and it is fully compatible. Couple of down sides are: no web server and no STUN support. Outbound proxy is what you have to use if behind a home router NAT. Uniden tech support said they focus on business deployment, so mass configuration using files and TFTP server is their choice for configuring. No web server is a little bit annoying when you just want to make changes to one phone and don't feel like editing a text file, but when you need to make a common change or firmware upgrade for 20 phones, you only need to change one file and reboot all phones for them to take effect...then this is great. It'd be nice if they support both methods! STUN is said to be available in next firmware release in a couple months along with addit
ional
features.

I'm in the process of trying to get a UIP200. I say "in process" because I ordered one online, but was told they are on backorder for at least two weeks. I ordered mine from here:

http://www.thevoipconnection.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=253

It looks like a great phone, I just wish I could get my hands on one soon and try it out.

--
Seth "veritas vos liberabit" Mattinen