Hi,
I'm trying to get asterisk to auto-dail out. I created a *.call file with the the top of it being "Channel: Zap/1/2609944", which should have connected to Zap channel 1 and dial out to 2609944, but It did not do so, asterisk would say a call was completed to Zap/1/2609944 but I never heard that phone ring. So I tried just putting "Channel: Zap/1" at the top of the call file so it would connect to Zap channel 1, then in the *.call file connect it to an "outgoing" context in extensions.conf which looked like:
[outgoing]

exten => s,1,Wait(1)
exten => s,2,Dial(Zap/1/2609944)
exten => s,3,Wait(2)
exten => s,4,Playback(soundfile)
exten => s,5,Hangup

But when it ran this, asterisk told me it was unable to create a channel of type "Zap", but then that a call was still completed to Zap/1. I've read everything about auto-dialout on voip-info.org and read digium faqs and everything and have been unable to find a solution. If someone out there has had a similar problem and figured it out or knows what might be wrong with what I'm trying to do it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me out. Thanks.