Hi this is just a heads up about an opportunity for commercial Asterisk experts. I don’t know if this even possible but don’t see why not and it is way beyond my capabilities so thought I would pass it out to the list.

I’ve been looking into Microsoft Live Communications Server over the past few months for one of my clients, it’s the same as ms messenger but for closed user corporate and offers increased security logging etc. http://www.microsoft.com/PRODUCTS/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=f76f83ce-1ee0-443c-a2c4-0659a66a5618&type=ovr

Anyway, great product for presence and chat etc and 2 way voice chat but it doesn’t allow multi party voice conferencing. To do this you have to use 2 external parties.

Radvision – hardware solution minimum cost $20k

Intratel - $500 a seat but only up to 8 people per conference.

As MS LCS is sip based surely it wouldn’t be that hard for someone here to work on the LCS api’s to offer an asterisk solution for conference rooms and multiparty voice? There would be a pretty large market out there for a low cost option and it has a life span of at least 2 years because MS wont be bringing in multiparty voice until 2006.

Cheers,

Dean