On Friday 09 July 2004 18:42, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jon Lawrence) writes:
> > codec's are set to allow all.
>
> Thats your problem.

No it's not.
I'm not saying that it won't fix it - it might.

I've just put my local phone back on the internal network, moved the remote
phone onto a vlan that have a ipsec vpn to my internal network - guess what,
everything worked. If the problem was down to me having all codec's allowed
then this should not have worked - at least I don't think it should have :)

> I tried this too as an experiment and asterisk appears to take "all"
> to mean "all codecs you can think of, not just the ones you have
> converters for."
>
> Instead of "all" you may want to try listing the codecs asterisk
> actually has (this is from -current):
>
> ;
> ; codecs: a_mu adpcm alaw g726 gsm ilbc lpc10 ulaw
> ;
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> allow=alaw
> allow=gsm
> allow=adpcm
> allow=g726
> allow=ilbc
> ;; allow=lpc10  (robotman)

I'll try this any way - since it's something I've not tried.
If this does cure my problems, I'll be throughly confused.

Jon