Hi... we're using asterisk to send calls over SIP to a cisco with two PRIs.
There's really two questions here, one about how to get the cisco to properly
authenticate over SIP, and the second about callerid.  The second is much more
critical...

1. in sip.conf I have a section labeled    [a.b.c.d]  (the cisco's IP address) but
asterisk doesn't end up using that for the cisco's communications.  Instead it uses
the [general] section.  I know this because I had to add a usable context to [general]
for it to work.  How do I make the cisco at a.b.c.d use a particular part of sip.conf
instead of general?  (or how do I make chan_sip use [a.b.c.d] instead of [general])

2.  No caller ID shows up on remote side of PRI. through Cisco

The inbound calls (PSTN->PRI->cisco->sip->asterisk) work fine, and display CLID great.

The outbound calls (sip phone->asterisk->sip->cisco->PRI->PSTN) have an ID set in *
(I used NoOp to check it, as well as an explicit SetCallerID)
and the ID shows on the Cisco console debug messages but NONE shows up on the PSTN side.

We've checked the switch type (NI2) with the carrier, and they say their settings are good.

We then moved the PRI to the Zaptel PRI card... and sure enough outbound caller ID works,
so we know the carrier wasn't lying to us.

That tells me it's a cisco configuration problem.  I have been unable to find what's wrong
with the cisco config.  Any help would be appreciated.

Ehud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Here's the console output, my comments in parens.

Jul 28 14:47:47 MST: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface Serial1/1:0 is now connected to 520XXXXXXX unknown
Jul 28 14:48:13 MST: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface Serial1/0:0 is now connected to YYYYYYY unknown
(XXXXXXXis the correct callING phone number.   YYYYYYY is the correct callED phone number.  When YYYY
gets the call there is no callerid for the call.)

(and relevant parts of the config)

controller T1 1/0
framing esf
linecode b8zs
cablelength long 0db
pri-group timeslots 1-24
!
controller T1 1/1
framing esf
linecode b8zs
cablelength long 0db
pri-group timeslots 1-24

interface Serial1/0:23
no ip address
isdn switch-type primary-ni
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn bchan-number-order ascending
no cdp enable
!
interface Serial1/1:23
no ip address
isdn switch-type primary-ni
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn bchan-number-order ascending
no cdp enable
voice-port 1/0:23
echo-cancel coverage 32
!
voice-port 1/1:23
echo-cancel coverage 32
!
!
!
dial-peer voice 1 voip
application session
destination-pattern 8T
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:ip.address.goes.here
session transport udp
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 2 pots
incoming called-number 520.......
direct-inward-dial
!
dial-peer voice 3 pots
destination-pattern T
port 1/0:23
!
dial-peer voice 4 voip
application session
destination-pattern 520.......
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:ip.address.goes.here
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad

!