Greg Boehnlein wrote:

We use Platypus from Boardtown, which was just acquired by Tucows. Although it has it's quirks, having seen Rodopi, Emerald, Prism and ISPEasy in action, I'll take Platypus ANY day!

I have a method for hacking VoIP per minute billing into Platypus, but I haven't executed it yet. Basically, we dump all of our CDR records to a database. On a daily basis, we can tally up the the per-minute LD totals for each customer and then insert a Radius Start/Stop record w/ the total billing seconds for that day. Platypus's built in rate tables take care of the rest. We provide 1,000 minutes of long distance with each account, so at the end of the month when Platypus tallies up it's overage charges, if the usage exceeds the limit, it bills the customer accordingly.

If that customer is still around to pay you.

Billing for services such as VoIP should be in real-time, anything less is unacceptable in my book.

Jeremy McNamara