William Suffill [EMAIL PROTECTED] lazily top-posted:
> That could right don't really use MOH much but I noticed there was in
> CVS. Although why would it be in CVS of asterisk if not used for MOH
> though?

That's the part that needs clarification.  Perhaps the music has been
included to help people test their MoH setup and no "commercial use"
license has been granted.  In this case, the music should not be
included as part of any GPLed package, and the presence of the files
in the Asterisk CVS archive would be questionable;  It would be better
to include a comment in the musiconhold.conf file to show people where
test music files can be found.

On the other hand, perhaps the people at Freeplaymusic have granted
all Asterisk users a license to use these specific tracks for MoH,
and have given their consent for their music to be included as part
of Asterisk.

It's also possible that someone at Freeplaymusic has signed one of the
Digium "disclaimers" or has released those specific music files under
the GPL, the CCL or a similarly free license.

The point is that, unless I've missed something, no clarification has
been posted.  If no specific permission has been granted then the
published Freeplaymusic license remains in force.  This means that
commercial use, including use as music on hold, is forbidden.

I would advise against using the supplied music as MoH until the
permission to do so has been shown.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    [EMAIL PROTECTED]