At 4:16 PM -0700 on 8/16/04, Wiley E. Siler wrote:
> -----Original Message-----
 From: Patrick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 4:11 PM
 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Polycom SoundPoint IP 500/600
 XML minibrowser

 On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 00:34, Wiley E. Siler wrote:
 > Also, is the new SIP  and bootrom release available for download
 > somewhere?
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Wiley

 Don't know if these are the latest but here are some links.
 First one has sip & bootrom files:
> http://www.freedomphones.net/polycom/files/
 http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Polycom+Phones

Regards,
 > Patrick

Yep.  Those are the latest.  Sip 1.3 and Boot 2.5.

Thank you!
Wiley

Cool; I've been waiting for that release, and I'm very happy to see the XML minibrowser in the SIP image.

I dug through the manual, but did not see the feature that I've been waiting for: XML URL fetching based on SIP INVITE or SIP NOTIFY parameters. I'd like to add a SIP header (or partial header) to my INVITEs so that the phone will jump to an XML URL upon receipt of the INVITE. This would allow a "screen pop" with more useful data in it, instead of just a simple caller ID. I could bring up a picture, a chart, a call history, etc. etc. etc. In other words: a "push" to the phone for a page based on a realtime event. However, I don't see that in there. Boo hoo. This might be possible with the 'services' button, but that requires user intervention, and probably would have to happen after the phone has been picked up - I haven't tried, and my schedule prevents me from trying at the moment.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

PS: Everyone who has a Cisco 79xx phone _must_ get a Polycom IP600 somehow on their desk. The administrator's manual has so many cool features that can/should be integrated into Asterisk, that it's worth just reading the PDF to see how useful an IP phone could actually be if we (Asterisk) had support for some of the advanced features like shared line appearances, call bridging, and barge-in. Cisco: listen up. These guys will eat your lunch if you keep crippling the SIP projects.

JT