> By "call retrieval", I mean this: when the phone rings on an extension
> (incoming call), but I'm far from it, then, dialing a certain prefix
> would make me pick up that call from the extension that's nearby me.

That should work via dialplan. In bri-stuff-0.1.0-RC4 is app_pickup, a
channel independend call pickup application.

> Oh, bummer, if the GS phone can't do attended transfer, than it's no
> good for me. I thought that all this could be done just by asterisk,
> not needing a supporting phone for that.

If Asterisk would do attended transfer by software, then the GS would do
it. You don't need special phone capilities if you do it via software.
One (maybe me, maybe Kapejod) just has to code it.