On Aug 19, 2004, at 5:33 PM, Rich Adamson wrote:

Mike Schwartz wrote:
I'm experience echo on outgoing calls:
 Snom 200 ----> Asterisk ----> T100P ----> PRI ----> called party

I am getting echo on the Snom 200 phone. The called party does not
hear the echo.

<snip>

When that discussion was going on a few weeks ago, the echo issue
seemed to have been narrowed down to two possibiliites; 1) interrupt
service latency, or, 2) PCI bus latencies. Processor speed does not
seem to be a driving factor as noted above.

I've not heard anyone (as yet) come up with the tools or process for
actually identifying the root-cause. Would be nice for those of us
that aren't programmers.

Some more echo food for thought. It's most noticeable on very short, hard sounds (like "CH"), so as someone mentioned, reverb might be the right description. I've spent the better part of several hours experimenting with various combinations of adjusting taps from 32 to 256, echowhenbridged on and off and txgain adjustments. I just flat can't get it to go away...

I'm also one of those "luck" ones with a Supermicro box (dual Xeons and plenty of RAM). How in the heck would/should I go about figuring out what the interrupt service latency or the PCI bus latency is doing. Any other thoughts on the front? I'm using GS phones so maybe their echo can algorithms are to blame... hmmm...

Here's to hoping,
Ryan Thrash