I've noticed a problem with calls to Hangup when talking to my Norstars over
channelised T-1 E&M trunk lines - it's been present since I started to
fiddle with Asterisk last December and it's still present in 'Asterisk
CVS-HEAD-08/13/04-10:37:13'.

Specifically, when a call is connected to Asterisk from the Norstar DTI card
to my T100p I get the following conditions depending on the dialplan:

 exten => _6869,1,Hangup
 ; T1 channel stays up on the Norstar, but silent.
 ; -vvv says: -- Hungup 'Zap/24-1'
 ; show channels says: 0 active channel(s)

 exten => _6869,1,Answer
 exten => _6869,2,Hangup
 ; T1 channel stays up on the Norstar, but silent.
 ; -vvv says: -- Hungup 'Zap/24-1'
 ; show channels says: 0 active channel(s)

 exten => _6869,1,Answer
 exten => _6869,2,Wait(1)
 exten => _6869,2,Hangup
 ; T1 channel correctly drops on the Norstar.
 ; -vvv says: -- Hungup 'Zap/24-1'
 ; show channels says: 0 active channel(s)

Asterisk always thinks the calls completed & gone. For what it's worth, I
have my "Discon timer" in the Norstar T1 card programming turned right down
to "60" from the default "460" with no change - though I'm not certain
exactly what this does... I get this issue whenever a call traverses the
dialplan and, for what ever reason, is hungup by Asterisk without having
previously been answered for at least a fraction of a second. Perhaps
because this is E&M wink the handshake isn't completed until the Answer is
executed, thus the Hangup leaves the Norstar stuck half way?

Kris Boutilier
Information Systems Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District