Tobias Jönsson wrote:

Sorry, I did not know these american specialities. I just noticed in Larry's PRI debug info that he received a STATUS message during the waiting, so I thought that the waiting could lead to some kind of timeout at the telco. In EuroISDN the callerid always come in first SETUP message and so it did in Larry's pri debug.

The calling number _is_ delivered in the SETUP message; what is not delivered (in National ISDN-2) is the calling name. That comes later in a FACILITY message, and if you Dial() an extension before it has arrived, the destination phone won't see the calling name.