is there any in-depth information available about the switch command???

Marc

Steven Critchfield wrote:

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 06:42, Marc Storck wrote:

Hello,

thanks for the answers!!! You mentionned to use the switch command. I read about it in the WIKI, but I couldn't find enought information to understand what it is actually doing. Can someone point me to the right direction?

The switch command is helpful in tieing multiple machines together.
Switch allows you to have one asterisk machine ask another if it can
complete a call. Think of it a bit like a remote include. Basically from
a context on machine A, you set up a switch statement to machine B in a
specific context. Whenever machine B says it can complete the call, you
end up with an implied IAX call to machine B.