I would like asterisk to dial an extension or external number but for the call to only be connected after the called party presses a key. Therefore been able to announce the call to the called party before answering. I have had this working on queued calls but want to incorporate this for standard dialled extensions.

Our use for this would to be able to divert a call to a users mobile but only connect the call on the user answering the mobile phone and pressing a key after the announcment of the call. I’m thinking this would get around the problem of asterisk considering the call answered when it actually goes to the mobile users voicemail. Therefore we could have a dial plan that calls several mobile phones but only connects if the user actualy acknowledges they have answered the call.

Is this possible on a standard dial command?

Thanks,

Chris