Sorry, but I CAN'T see why this is the case. Again, I'm back to my
argument that there's plenty of devices in the same price range that
have all kinds of administrative flexibility. Think about this: why is
the IAXy stuck using a non-standard administrative interface? That is
very uncommon in the world of networking hardware.

The IAXy has 4k (or is it 2k?) of RAM and 4k (or maybe 2k) of FLASH. Even in assembly its tough to do VoIP in 4k and in my opinion impossible to do VoIP, DNS, and HTTP server in 4k.
begin:vcard
fn:Eric Wileing
n:Wileing;Eric
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]