Dear Doug,

I live in Australia so things might be a little different for you.

I spoke to 3com who said that the phone needed to be imaged first on an NBX system and then from there could be programmed to work with SIP however they wouldn't guarantee the compatibility with Asterisk and they wouldn't image the phones for us before we received them.

From the information provided by 3com, the best bet would be to find a dealer who has an NBX solution working, get them to flash the phone for you (and hope that they don't void their dealership) and then see if you can program it from there.

Additional functionality (such as line indicators) will most likely be your biggest problem if you do get the phone to work, I believe they don't use a system compatible with asterisk (sorry I am still quite new to this myself).

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards
Stuart