Hello,
is there a feature in asterisk to define a codec depending of the connection?
I have the problem that my processor is too slow to recode some codecs, so i want to define a specific codecs for a specific connection.

Here is an example:

SIPPhone1 (G279A)--------(G279A) external SIP provider.
SIPPhone2 (GSM)--------(GSM) external SIP provider.
SIPPhone1 (G279A)--------(ALAW) Phone2

So you see, the external SIP provider has to use either GSM or G729A depending of the local SIP phone.
But if i have i have a connection between the local SIP phones i want to force SIPphone1 to G729A and SIPphone2 to ALAW.

Is there a configuration option to achive this?
In sip.conf i only see the possibility to reduce or reorder the codecs for a phone, but there seems to be no possibility to define a codec combination ...

Thanks,
Ulrich