Jeremy Rusnak wrote:

It would be nice to be able to program the transfer button behavior on
these phones.

I connected a Snom190 (fw3.56, sip) to * a few days ago and was surprised to see that not only the transfer button but also the programmable buttons on the side (with the leds) worked right out of the box (allowing me to switch between multiple calls).

Since I haven't looked into Asterisk very closely yet I don't know if the firmware version can make a difference here. Or if maybe the configuration supplied with the Debian (sarge) packages is different from the default ones.

NiElS