I have * in several locations, one in a foreign country. To optimize on the costs I am forwarding calls local for a remote server to the remote server instead of dialing out locally. I want to keep it completely transparent to the user however. Can the dial command rewrite numbers?

I forward the call to the remote server using IAX2, it will be treated as a normal outgoing call there, I guess the rewriting should be done on the server placing the call?

Some examples:

Dialled locally         Number that must be dialled remote
0034XXXXXX              9XXXXXXXXX      (-0034 and +9)
ZXXXXXX                 078ZXXXXXX      (+078)

Thanks for any input, hope it's possible.