StrUK wrote:

On Nov 09, 2004, at 07:41, Marc McLaughlin (LUSYN) wrote:

They are currently reported as working for 3 (yes 3!) Asterisk users without any problems.

Make that 4 ;-) Thank you kindly

However, I'd *REALLY* like someone to sort out/tell me how to sort out the Wildcard FXO module detecting hang-ups on BT in the UK. Having one card with FXO and FXS modules on and consigning the X100P to the heap is a real goal - I need IRQs!

Ok.

If you use a normal phone plugged into BT's line and the remote end hangs up, do you still get the same 12 seconds of continuous tone?

If so, call BT and ask why you don't get disconnect tones, if not, then it's something to do with Asterisk and we should look at it further.

Hmmm, there was also the thought that your disconnection info was sent by polarity reversal.

Maybe someone with a polarity reversal line can help if they have it working?

Really, if anyone could help this guy it would be much appreciated. He has been having this problem for some time now.

I grabbed a recording of his voicemail (i.e. with hangup in it) and it was just a solid continuous tone for a few seconds (and if I remember correctly, polarity reversal clicks at beginning and end).

Everyone else I've helped with disconnect supervision has been fixed by recording tones, analysing in Wavelab and mailing them indications.conf entries.

This obviously doesn't work in this instance. And yes, I got him to try setting up busycount=1 and a long single tone for busy...

Any ideas people?

I guess the question really is "does anyone else have polarity reversal disconnect supervision working?".

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell